kingdom of heaven (again)

i know i have watched this one and have posted something about this movie maybe years ago. i just watched it again few days ago, and just realized that there're tons of great lines there. no wonder i liked the movie so much that time. :)

Hospitaller: I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What god desires is here
[
points to head]
Hospitaller: and here
[
points to heart]
Hospitaller: and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Balian of Ibelin
: We defend this city, not to protect these stones, but the people living within these walls.

Nasir
: [to Balian] ... and if God does not love you, how could you have done the things you have done?

King Baldwin IV: I shall confess to God when I see him... not to you. Now, leave me.


Hospitaller
: All death is certain. I shall tell your father what I've seen you become.



Godfrey of Ibelin
: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.



Balian of Ibelin: God will understand, my lord. And if he doesn't, then he is not God and we need not worry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pirate Radio (The Boat that Rocked)

bubbly by colbie caillant

A piece of wisdom